Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Naked

Can I get naked with you,
Unclothed all the demons,
I hide behind the layers,
Of disguises, 
Can I show you my naked truth, 
My vulnerabilities, 
My insecurities, 
Can I show you my doubts and fears,
Can I show you my scars,
Where my innocence once lived,
The bruises of the fist,
My mother beat me with,
The stretch marks,
From where my body was given, 
To get my lovers to stay,
When all they did was play,
In my playground,
Passed me around,
Can I show you,
My truths in the bottom of the bottle, 
Emptiness rest,
Will you be able to see me,
Through the tribulations, 
Breakthroughs and breakdowns, 
Can you love me,
After seeing what can't be unseen,
Can you love me past it all,
Can you help me mend,
So I no longer have to pretend, 
I have it all together, 
Will you whether, 
The stormy weather,
Will you love me in my pain,
On those nights with down pouring rain,
Will you be able to listen,
After hearing me,
Feeling me,
As I expose my inner me,
Full of faults and flaws,
Real and raw,
Will you run or walk away,
Now I've exposed more than my body,
For I am only human,
I long to be a better me,
Can you love all of me? ©️March 3, 2020
(Photo isn't mine)

No comments:

Post a Comment